Fiesta fajita chicken recipe in the instant pot, is a delicious healthy chicken recipe that is quick and easy to make. One of the things I love about the instant pot is that it is so easy and fast to cook last minute dinners and perfect dump recipes, including frozen chicken or other meats. There is minimal prep time and some of the easiest recipes.
This recipe is one that I put together from recipes for fiesta chicken and chicken fajitas. I am trying to eat healthier and this is a fabulous healthy recipe that can last for several meals. It can be eaten as tacos, burritos, or just out of a bowl. The leftovers can be easily frozen for meals in the future.
Basic Steps to Cook Fiesta Fajita Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Place chicken breasts in the instant pot
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add them to the pot
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, green chilies
- Chop up the cilantro and add to the pot
- Chop up the peppers and add to the pot
- Add chicken broth
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes
- Remove the chicken and shred and add back to the pot
- Serve in tortillas or alone
- Chicken Breasts – frozen or thawed. Chicken thighs can be substituted.
- Black Beans – from a can or a homemade pint jar
- Taco Seasoning – 1/2 a package, but the amount is to preference
- Salsa – store-bought or homemade
- Green Chilis – small can of green chilis
- Fresh Cilantro – I chopped then up by hand, but can also be run through a food processor
- Peppers – cut up red, yellow and orange peppers and also an Anaheim pepper. What peppers are used is optional. Can also add green bell pepper or jalapeno pepper.
- Chicken Broth – amount is optional
- Optional: Most of the ingredients are optional, other additions include lime juice, cream cheese, chili power or cayenne pepper for extra spice.
Detailed Steps to Cook Fiesta Fajita Chicken
Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the pot.
Drain and rinse the black beans and add them to the pot. I used a jar of home canned black beans.
Add taco seasoning to the pot
Salsa and can of green chilis are added to the pot. I used my home canned salsa. Green chilis is one of my favorite ingredients for most of my recipes.
Chop up the peppers and add to the pot. I used yellow, orange, and red bell pepper and Anaheim pepper.
Add the chicken broth. close instant pot and then push the pressure cook button and set it at 25 minutes, then a quick release or a natural pressure release for 5 minutes and then release the remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken and shred it and add it back to the pot.
Serve on a tortilla
Or serve it by itself in a bowl. It is delicious either way!
This is one of my favorite meals now and has such a fiesta of flavors. It can be served in a tortilla or by itself in a bowl. The instant pot fiesta chicken can also be served over white rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice, or as a nacho topping over tortilla chips or corn chips with some yummy sour cream or other favorite toppings. It can also be converted into a crockpot recipe. But either way, it is a great meal and a healthy delicious meal. It can also be frozen easily by just putting it into freezer bags, putting it into the freezer and then eaten as a leftover anytime.
For more of my favorite delicious recipes including easy instant pot recipes, plus posts about other homestead-type activities, such as gardening, canning, and raising chickens, go to my website at www.HawkPointHomestead.com. For updates, please follow my Facebook page at Hawk Point Hobby Homestead.
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Black Beans (or pint jar Home canned)
- 1/2 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Green Chilis
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 cups cut up Bell Peppers
- 1 cut up Anaheim Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot
- Cook on High Pressure for 25 minutes
- Shred the Chicken and add back to the pot